Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'VE WRITTEN A "SIGN-OFF" PHRASE FOR KATIE COURIC!

Apparently, Katie Couric has asked America to help her come up with a "sign-off" phrase for her nightly news casts. (It would seem CBS is suffering from a shortage of writers.)

What follows is the email I sent to "The CBS Evening News."


Greetings,

So as I understand it, Katie Couric is looking for a "sign-off" phrase a la Ed Murrow's "Good night and good luck."

Might I suggest the following:

"Thanks for sharing part of your dinner hour with me. As you scrape the un-eaten peas from your cold, neglectful husband's TV dinner tray into that flimsy, off-brand garbage bag and drag it to the curb in front of your sqalid, miserable little house remember: I make $13 million dollars a year to look pretty, smile and read the news. I'm Katie Couric. Good night, suckers!"

Too much?

Best regards,


Brian David Shuey

Minneapolis, MN

http://mrshuey.blogspot.com/

No comments: