Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

$10 BONSAI CONTEST: QUARTERLY REPORT

For the many thousands of you who entered the "$10 Bonsai Pool" back in January, we now find ourselves at the three month mark and an update on my progress seems only proper.

There were a handful of un-believers who's wagers had me killing-off the tree within the first few months--or weeks, in some cases. I won't mention any names, but your lack of faith in me did not go unmarked!

Rest assured, YOU WILL NEVER SEE THAT $10 BILL!

And as if to rub it in, the Treasury Department has just issued new tens-- and they're very smart looking!

It is with great pleasure (and no small amount of pride) that I report the bonsai tree is ALIVE and THRIVING!

For those of you who would have any doubts, you may go to my profile page and look at pictures section. There you will find an image of the tree looking quite robust and holding a copy of this past Sunday's STAR TRIBUNE.

(By the way, my bonsai wanted me to mention that he found the Strib's coverage of the University of Minnesota Stadium debate pandering and short-sighted. It seems he would much rather see the money spent on an arboretum. I tried to explain to him that, "politics is the allocation of scarce resources." He told me to, "shut the fuck up" and get him another beer.)

Semper Fi Bonsai!

No comments: